We let out a raucous cheer at Apartment 1B, the neighbourhood café that's fast becoming a favourite hangout by ahensiya people. O&M Manila received four awards (and one finalist nod) out of the eight entries from the Philippines and we decided to celebrate with a few drinks (open bar until, what time was that again?) and pica-pica (winner din ang quesadillas and pizza on flaky-pastry crust).
Here's what the fuss was all about:
Philippine Daily Inquirer, "Volcanic Ash"
Pond's Anti-Bacterial Facial Wash, "Pores"
Other entries from the Philippines:
- Bronze - Outdoor, Ogilvy & Mather, "Spill," Huggies Dry Comfort Diapers
- Bronze - Outdoor, Ogilvy & Mather, "Land Rover," DHL (Philippines)
- Finalist - Outdoor, BBDO-Guerrero Ortega, "Thermometer," WWF
- Finalist - Outdoor, Ogilvy & Mater, "Curtain," Pond's Anti-bacterial Facial Wash
- Finalist - Film, DDB DM9 JaymeSyfu, "Bathing," Public Service announcement
- Finalist - Radio, TBWA/Santiago Mangada Puno, "Beegees," Caramba Hot Sauce
- Finalist - Print, Y&R Philippines, "Piglets," Concordia Children's Services
- Best Use of Illustration, Print, JWT Manila, "Cat Fantasies," Philippine Animal Welfare Society
Visit the Adfest 2007 site here.