Friday, November 24, 2006

Things worth waiting for. A top 10 list.

I am a terribly, terribly impatient person. Instant gratification is fun, but never quite fulfilling. So what can a terribly, terribly impatient person who's not quite into instant gratifcation do?

Wait. And mull over a list she thought of in the shower.

  1. Polaroid photos. I love how the images take a while to appear. It's like, magic, you know?
  2. Peppermint Mocha, Starbucks. I'll be happy if you bring it at least twice a year. Please?
  3. Love. The voice in my head said this list would need some cheese. I'd rather not be in a relationship than find myself in a bad one.
  4. Radiohead's new album.
  5. The right "browning" on a muffin. Baking is something I'm not good at. And I only like eating the top parts of muffins. This is a big deal.
  6. Year-ender reports and compilations of "best of" things.
  7. Pressed coffee. A morning ritual I will be looking forward to when I move to my new place.
  8. A trip you've saved up for. Anticipation is part of the fun.
  9. Staying up to watch the sun rise on the beach.
  10. 16 oz. steak grilled at Handlebar, Polaris St.

No comments: