Thursday, November 02, 2006

Blog-obsessed, no thanks to Google Analytics.

It's been three days since I started checking how my blog is doing as far as visits and hits are concerned. I get thrilled seeing how I'm getting visitors from the Spain (ola!), Japan (konichiwa!), and Singapore (hello, lah!). Why they're visiting my blog, I don't really know. But it's nice that they do anyway.

Google Analytics is currently used by our Interactive team to monitor statistics on websites we run. I remember when you have to course everything through a website administrator just to get some statistics on a website. Now, everything is simplified and convenient through a free analytics tool like the one from Google.

Below is a screenshot of the Geo Map Overlay that tells me graphically where my visitors are from.


You're on my top 10: Philippines, U.S., Canada, Singapore, Romania, France, Netherlands, HongKong, Switzerland, and Malaysia


As much as I try not to get so involved with keeping my statistics up, afterall, I don't blog for that purpose, it's a good way of knowing that there are people who do take the time to read up what you've put up, and hope that they're actually getting something out of it.

No comments: