Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Motel advertising, anyone?

Whilst looking for references to share with a correspondent from Media Magazine, I chanced upon a couple of unexpected clips from YouTube. Nevermind that the Jonel's brief TVC was one of the ads I found whilst looking for advertising targeted to men, finding a commercial for one of the country's motels was just too funny not to share.

Apparently, Victoria Court, a motel famous for it's iconic shhh-ing lady, did a few ads. I started laughing my head off when I saw the crispy pata (roasted pork knuckles) because this is stereotypical of motel food along with pancit canton (lo mein).

It's not the most interesting commercial I've seen for a hospitality brand, but it is quite insightful. The proposition? The luxury of privacy.


Of course I watched it.

No comments: