Sunday, January 27, 2008

Aches in places I've forgotten

I've started training again.

It's been two years since I was last in a roda. Work got in the way of my going to class and often, I'm just too exhausted to even brave the traffic to get to it.

Moving to Singapore meant a chance at rekindling my interrupted love affair, sans the excuses (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). So train I did.

The morning after just left me stiff all over. But I felt good nonetheless. I needed that; the achy reminder of a relationship I begun and cut abruptly. A friend once asked how sore you can get from doing capoeira. Just enough that you can't even sit on the toilet to pee.

Check out the Association of Capoeira Argola, under the tutelage of Mestre Ousado. Classes at The Substation, Aremenian St. (weekends only)

No comments: