Saturday, December 22, 2007

A post-script to a long evening

'What ifs' seem to be a recurring theme in my life. As much as I dislike indulging in thoughts that ultimately will result to nothing (kaya nga what if, eh), I can't seem to avoid triggers that send me off in that direction.

The sad thing about the 'what ifs' in my head is that they're all actually quite logical and plausible. It's usually just a matter of being at the wrong place/wrong time, with the wrong guy (haha).

But fate does smile on star-crossed misfits sometimes, and I found myself in a rather unusual situation where I was forced to look at a what if straight in the eye.

And then you suddenly just know that it's time to let go. It was, as you succinctly put it, how our story was going to end. It's nice to know that happy endings do exist even for what ifs. :-)

No comments: